Re: pg_dump's "--exclude-table" and "--exclude-table-data" options are ignored and/or cause the dump to fail entirely unless both the schema and table name use 1950s-era identifiers.

От tutiluren@tutanota.com
Тема Re: pg_dump's "--exclude-table" and "--exclude-table-data" options are ignored and/or cause the dump to fail entirely unless both the schema and table name use 1950s-era identifiers.
Дата
Ответ на pg_dump's "--exclude-table" and "--exclude-table-data" options are ignored and/or cause the dump to fail entirely unless both the schema and table name use 1950s-era identifiers.  (tutiluren@tutanota.com)
Ответы Re: pg_dump's "--exclude-table" and "--exclude-table-data" options are ignored and/or cause the dump to fail entirely unless both the schema and table name use 1950s-era identifiers.  (Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Jul 22, 2020, 9:36 AM by juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com:
Please keep the list in CC for future reference, and so the subscribers can contribute.
It seems to delete the list and just send it to the person who sent the e-mail to the list... I had to manually add it in now.

The problem with that query is not that it does not return any rows because of case folding. Actually it crashes because it is expecting UTF8 input but is getting something else: "pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query failed: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xf6 0x72 0x66 0x72"

I can reproduce a test case in an English_United States.1252 WIndows 10 machine, and the setting "Beta: Use unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support", as mentioned above, worked in that case.

I've tried to explain this both in my initial question and as a response to those few who replies: the error output is not what always happens. I just included it for the cases where it does error out. When it does run the command, it *ignores the exclude rules*. That is, it dumps the data anyway. I thought I was crystal-clear when describing my problem, but no matter how careful I am, people always quote some specific part and focus on that, ignoring my overall explanation.

To be clear: The problem is not solved. I'm not one step closer to a solution. It's ignoring the rule or displaying the nonsensical errors, but never actually works.