От sabrina lal
Тема ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

I am new to development on postgreSQL. I and my collegues are working on
mechanisms for query rewriting, containment and view set selections and we
have chosen postgreSQL to work with.

I found out that the debug levels and EXPLAIN command lets you know the
selection made at each step of the query execution. I wanted to know if
there was or there can be a way to find out what query paths are considered
while forming the query execution plan.

PostgreSQL documentation mentions that dynamic programming is used to
evaluate different plans and reloptinfo stores details on each
basic/intermediate relation. So does that mean that each cell of the dp
matrix corresponds to one reloptinfo structure.

Do give your input on these issues.

thanks

sabrina

Get MSN 8 Dial-up Internet Service FREE for one month.  Limited time offer--
sign up now!   http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup