Minor bug and suggested fix - 1.2 and 1.3.5

От Mark A. Taff
Тема Minor bug and suggested fix - 1.2 and 1.3.5
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

All,

            I’ve found a minor bug in 1.2 and 1.3.5.  When an uncorrected error occurs and LogError is called after StartMsg has been called, EndMsg is not always called, and so the cursor does not always return to a normal cursor.  Rather than trying to check and correct for this throughout the code, I’ve just done it once in the LogError sub.  I’ve pasted patched code based on 1.3.5 for your consideration below.

Regards,

Mark Taff

*** Begin patch for pgAdmin2.basMisc.LogError v1.3.5 ***

Public Sub LogError(lError As Long, szError As String, szRoutine As String)

'No logging here, if anythings going wrong then we want the real error

  frmMain.svr.LogEvent "Error in " & szRoutine & ": " & lError & " - " & szError, etErrors

  MsgBox "An error has occured in " & szRoutine & ":" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Number: " & lError & vbCrLf & "Description: " & szError, vbExclamation, App.Title & " Error"

  'If we get here, EndMsg may not fire, so give the user a normal cursor...

  Screen.MousePointer = vbDefault

End Sub

*** End patch ***