Re: pg_upgrade version checking questions

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: pg_upgrade version checking questions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

pC-NMmh4vQLQP76YTwY4AuoD4OdNw9egikekyQpXFpgqmTlGjIZXOTd2W5RDZPpRski5N3ADRrLYgLk6QUuvmuT5fWC9acPAYyDU1AVxJcU=@yesql.se

> > 0003 - Make -B default to CWD and remove the exec_path check
> > Defaulting to CWD for the new bindir has the side effect that the default
> > sockdir is in the bin/ directory which may be less optimal.
>
> Hmm, I would have thought that the default for the new bindir is the
> directory where pg_upgrade is located, not the CWD, which is likely to
> be ~postgres or the like?

Yes, thinking on it that's obviously better.  The attached v2 repurposes the
find_my_exec() check to make the current directory of pg_upgrade the default
for new_cluster.bindir (the other two patches are left as they were).

cheers ./daniel

Вложения