Re: pg_upgrade version checking questions

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: pg_upgrade version checking questions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Daniel Gustafsson 2019-03-26
<pC-NMmh4vQLQP76YTwY4AuoD4OdNw9egikekyQpXFpgqmTlGjIZXOTd2W5RDZPpRski5N3ADRrLYgLk6QUuvmuT5fWC9acPAYyDU1AVxJcU=@yesql.se>
> 0003 - Make -B default to CWD and remove the exec_path check
>
> Defaulting to CWD for the new bindir has the side effect that the default
> sockdir is in the bin/ directory which may be less optimal.

Hmm, I would have thought that the default for the new bindir is the
directory where pg_upgrade is located, not the CWD, which is likely to
be ~postgres or the like?

On Debian, the incantation is

/usr/lib/postgresql/12/bin/pg_upgrade \
  -b /usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin \
  -B /usr/lib/postgresql/12/bin            <-- should be redundant

Christoph