language "plpgsql" does not exist

От Sebastien Baudry
Тема language "plpgsql" does not exist
Дата
Re: language "plpgsql" does not exist  (Hornyak Laszlo <kocka@tigrasoft.hu>)
Re: language "plpgsql" does not exist  (Renney Thomas <renneyt@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi everybody.
I'm a new born in the PostGreSQL domain (usually deal with Oracle or SQL
Server) and I got the following error when trying to create a function using
the default language plpgsql: language "plpgsql" does not exist
I was not able to find clues on the net to help me to solve this problem,
that's why I'm sending this post now.

I just installed the version 7.3.4 of PostGreSQL (basic installation).

Here the source of the function I try to create:
-------------
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION ts_groupEdit
(VARCHAR,INTEGER,VARCHAR,VARCHAR,INTEGER,INTEGER) RETURNS INTEGER AS '

DECLARE
vi_name ALIAS FOR $1;
vi_companyId ALIAS FOR $2;
vi_description ALIAS FOR $3;
vi_rights ALIAS FOR $4;
vi_debug ALIAS FOR $5;
v_groupId INTEGER;
BEGIN
        SELECT groupId INTO v_groupId
        FROM Groups
        WHERE companyId=vi_companyid AND
                name=vi_name;

        IF v_groupId IS NOT NULL THEN
                UPDATE GROUPS SET description=vi_description
                WHERE groupId=v_groupId;
        ELSE
                INSERT INTO Groups (companyId, name, description)
                VALUES (vi_companyid, vi_name, vi_description);
        END IF;

        RETURN 0;
END; '
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

Any help will be welcome.
May be I have to load or install the plpgsql module, but I didn't find such
instruction in the documentation so I guess it is there by default.

Seb.

--
Sébastien BAUDRY - DBA Oracle/MS-SQL & Project Manager
BAUDRY ENGINEERING BT. H-1025 Budapest Verhalom utca. 31/D. I/8.