Re: Using LASTOID in one query

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: Using LASTOID in one query
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
If you're using SERIAL for the table_a primary key, you don't need to use
the OID, just use the sequence information.

INSERT INTO Table_A (a_text) VALUES ('hello');
INSERT INTO Table_B (number1, b_text) VALUES
(currval('Table_A_number1_seq'), 'there');

Faster, easier, works in a transaction, and not PHP-specific.

See the system docs on currval(), nextval(), and setval().

- J.

Joel BURTON | joel@joelburton.com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Knowledge Management & Technology Consultant