Re: Clustering of pgsql 9.2

От
Тема Re: Clustering of pgsql 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Thanks Scott again. Please find my comments below. As I am not big brain like you all experts . Also let me know how to compute IOPs for this ?

From: Scott Whitney [mailto:scott@journyx.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2015 1:09 PM
To: Devrim Gündüz
Cc: Shyamkant Dhamke (WT01 - BAS); pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Clustering of pgsql 9.2

Looks like a large size database. However, I would be concerned about the throughput on a SAN. Also, you didn't specify the replication/failover stuff.

Shyamkant = This will be the failover scenario.

So...never replicate or fail over to the same hardware. I disagree with the concept of databases on SANs (and we can open THAT discussion in another thread). I will pretty well tell you that no one here has my IT/HA/OS experience. The Big Brains sure do know a whole lot more about PG, that's certain.

However, you are talking HA and failover (those are separate) and replication  (also separate).

I would love to advise you on this list where the Big Brains are watching.

So...

What's your primary server?

Primary & Secondary servers the RedHAT Enterprise 6.0 with Postgres SQL 9.3

Why does it need to replicate?

There is no replication  required. We want to achieve HA by storing the data on central server & clustering primary & secondary servers

Is PITR an option?

I do not know about PITR

Is PITR a necessity?

I do not know about PITR

How many servers are involved?

Only 02 servers (Primary & secondary)

What's your bandwidth between master and slave(s)?

1 G