Uninstalling Mammoth

От Iavor Raytchev
Тема Uninstalling Mammoth
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Has anybody had such problem - I tested Mammoth PostgreSQL for Windows and I
did not like that it completely killed my cygwin, did not allow console
commands to the database, etc., and then I uninstalled it.

Since then the cygwin refused to operate properly.

From Command Prompt I was told to use iolo.com to clean the registry. I did
so - but the problems persist.

The problems are -

When I try to install cygwin it wants to get installed in -

C:\Programme\CommandPrompt\mpgsql

(Where does cygwin knows about this from?)

Then, if I change this manually, PostgreSQL still puts its data there. Also,
the folders -

C:\Programme\CommandPrompt\mpgsql\data\base\16990\pgsql_tmp

and

C:\Programme\CommandPrompt\mpgsql\data\base\16993\pgsql_tmp

Can not be deleted in any way - they are 'in use'. No matter how many times
I restart the computer. I use Windows XP Professional that was installed in
March 2003, since then I have installed and uninstalled many programs - and
I have never had such a thing.

I am really desperate. If anybody can help.

Thank you and best regards,

Iavor