Restrict users from describing table

От Michael Gill
Тема Restrict users from describing table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I've tried asking this question elsewhere and have not received a
satisfactory response.

I want to restrict users of my packaged database from directly accessing
the data or reading the schema. I would provide access to the read-only
data through functions (which works well in PG). I find that \d will
expose the structure even though the user can't select:

movies=> \d codeset.first_tableTable "codeset.first_table"Column |  Type   | Modifiers
--------+---------+-----------col1   | integer |col2   | integer |
movies=> select * from codeset.first_table;
ERROR:  permission denied for schema codeset

Is there any way to hide the structure from a particular user. I can't
use Postgresql if I can't encapsulate our intellectual property.

Thanks,
Michael Gill

mgill@pointdx.com
mydba@usa.com