Re: character sets and results

От Joe Shevland
Тема Re: character sets and results
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Do you have the non-working code handy? I was thinking the code might be doing some unnecessary conversion of the
Unicodestring that gets returned e.g.

String foo = rs.getString("foo");
String bar = new String(foo.getBytes("US-ASCII"));

might cause something similar. As Alaric mentioned, if you use Unicode as the database character set, you shouldn't
haveto worry about any of these issues. Last CJK application I wrote, the biggest issue was character data from/to the
browser,is there any browser interaction or form postings going on?

Cheers,
Joe