compact flash disks?

От James Mansion
Тема compact flash disks?
Дата
Re: compact flash disks?
Список pgsql-performance
I see that one can now get compact flash to SATA connectors.

If I were to use a filesystem with noatime etc and little non-sql traffic,
does the physical update pattern tend to have hot sectors that will tend to
wear out CF?

I'm wondering about a RAID5 with data on CF drives and RAID1 for teh WAL on
a fast SATA or SAS drive pair.  I'm thhinking that this would tend to have
good performance because the seek time for the data is very low, even if the
actual write speed can be slower than state of the art.  2GB CF isn't so
pricey any more.

Just wondering.

James