Help on installation

От bcheung@sunday.com
Тема Help on installation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear all,

I compiled the latest release of pgsql package, and I found problem is
using initdb command in the installation procedure. I use HPUX 10.20,
and experience problem of cannot load shared library, anyone can help?

$ initdb --username=3Dpostgres
initdb: using /opt/postgres/lib/local1_template1.bki.source as input to
create .
initdb: using /opt/postgres/lib/global1.bki.source as input to create
the globa.
initdb: using /opt/postgres/lib/pg_hba.conf.sample as the host-based
authentica.

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library:
../../interfaces/libpq/libpq.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
/opt/postgres/bin/initdb[193]: test: Specify a parameter with this
command.
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library:
../../interfaces/libpq/libpq.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library:
../../interfaces/libpq/libpq.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
/opt/postgres/bin/initdb[201]: test: Specify a parameter with this
command.
We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=3D).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

initdb: creating template database in /opt/postgres/data/base/template1
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/opt/postgres/data -Q template1
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "f": can't parse "f"
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "f": can't parse "f"

/opt/postgres/bin/initdb[267]: 15804 Memory fault(coredump)
initdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /opt/postgres/data/base/template1

Barry=