Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I am thinking of rolling back my CVS to see if there's code from your
> > previous test implementation that we can use.  Apart from the DropColumn
> > function itself, what other changes did you make?  Did you have
> > modifications for '*' expansion in the parser, etc.?
>
> Yes, please review Hiroshi's work.  It is good work.  Can we have an
> analysis of Hiroshi's approach vs the isdropped case.

Yes, it is.  I've rolled it back and I'm already incorporating his changes
to the parser into my patch.  I just have to grep all the source code for
'HACK' to find all the changes.  It's all very handy.

> Is it better to renumber the attno or set a column to isdropped.  The
> former may be easier on the clients.

Well, obviously I prefer the attisdropped approach.  I think it's clearer
and there's less confusion.  As a head developer for phpPgAdmin that's what
I'd prefer...  Hiroshi obviously prefers his solution, but doesn't object to
mine/Tom's.  I think that with all the schema-related changes that clients
will have to handle in 7.3, we may as well hit them with the dropped column
stuff in the same go, that way there's fewer rounds of clients scrambling to
keep up with the server.

I intend to email every single postgres client I can find and tell them
about the new changes, well before we release 7.3...

Chris

Сообщение: Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN
Сообщение: Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN