Re: [INTERFACES] [pgaccess-users] RE: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] [pgaccess-users] RE: bugzilla.pgaccess.org
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Note that before bugzilla really supports postgresql, we (ie
> the bugzilla
> > team) are going to need DROP COLUMN support, as well as support for
> > changing a field's type. This is because thats how upgrades are
> done, when
> > new features change the bz schema.
>
> DROP COLUMNS should be in 7.3, due out in the Fall.

Assuming, of course, that I can get past these latest problems that Tom
brought up - otherwise I guess I could pass it off again :(

> You can simulate
> ALTER COLUMN by creating a new column, UPDATING the data to the new
> column, dropping the old, then renaming the new column to the old name.

Well, once DROP COLUMN is natively supported, I intend to implement a SET
TYPE or MODIFY function - it should be quite straightforward once DROP
COLUMN is done.  It will maintain all foreign key and index references
properly...

Chris

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] [pgaccess-users] RE: bugzilla.pgaccess.org
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] [pgaccess-users] RE: