Re: Problems with disabling triggers in Postgres 7.3.9

От Flávio Suguimoto
Тема Re: Problems with disabling triggers in Postgres 7.3.9
Дата
Re: Problems with disabling triggers in Postgres 7.3.9  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Richard,

I have that trigger running on AFTER INSERT of participation table. That
trigger inserts 3 new record for each line i inserted in participation.

I guess the problem is in these two statement:

EXECUTE ''update pg_class set reltriggers=0 where relname = '' ||
quote_literal(tablename);

EXECUTE ''update pg_class set reltriggers = count(*) from pg_trigger where
pg_class.oid=tgrelid and relname = '' || quote_literal(tablename);

These statement is a walk-around to disable and enable the trigger on a
table and i use this to avoid the trigger be called recursively.

My question is there is another to do this trigger avoiding need to
disable/enable the triggers? Or there is an way to solve this problem with
RelationBuildTriggers?

regards,
Flávio Suguimoto