allow partial union-all and improve parallel subquery costing

От Luc Vlaming
Тема allow partial union-all and improve parallel subquery costing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

While developing some improvements for TPC-DS queries I found out that with
UNION ALL partial paths are not emitted. Whilst fixing that I also came across
the subquery costing which does not seem to consider parallelism when doing
the costing.

I added a simplified testcase in pg-regress to show this goes wrong, and
attached also a before and after explain output of tpc-ds SF100 query 5
based on version 12.4.

I hope I followed all etiquette and these kind of improvements are welcome.

Kind regards,
Luc
Swarm64
Вложения