psql not starting up..

От Jeremy Smith
Тема psql not starting up..
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi again,

I have started working on migrating my DBs from mysql to postgres today and
ran into a problem.  When I type in psql, I get this error:

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl

It is showing psql as being version 7.3.3 even though I upgraded to 7.4.0
last night.  But when I installed the RPM for the libraries (among other
things) I got errors like this:

file /usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/libpq.mo from install of
postgresql-libs-7.4-0.3PGDG conflicts with file from package
postgresql-libs-7.3.3-1PGDG

should I just go through one by one and delete the files that it is telling
me I have a conflict with?

Thanks alot!
Jeremy