Restoring the DB from others user DB Backup.

От Mavinakuli, Prasanna (STSD)
Тема Restoring the DB from others user DB Backup.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

We have 2 altogether databases owned by two different users.The
requirement is ,by using a back up dump of a database owned by some
other user,We will need to restore the other DB which is owned
completely by other user.

The problem what we are facing is,if we try to use pg_restore
command,then it cribbs saying the user doesn't exist.So could you please
direct me for a way to achieve this.Unfortunately I have to use
postgreSQL 7.4.2 version where there is no support for -O option.

Thanks a lot for all your support,
Prasanna.