Re: [SQL] Urgent - SQL Unique constraint error (long)

От Darrin Domoney
Тема Re: [SQL] Urgent - SQL Unique constraint error (long)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Stephan,
    Thanks for the response but the answer is no. Owing to the
ongoing issue with inherited tables in 7.x I have opted to create three
tables:
Contains generic traits regardless of "class or role".
Person -> PK person_id

Staff as certain "class" of person.
Staff -> PK staff_id
       FK person_id

Contact as another "class" of person.
Contact -> PK contact_id
           FK person_id

Phone numbers relate to any "class" but are related back to
the originator by using "person_id".

Darrin