Re: Speed

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Speed
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

Hi Fred,

That's some change - are you working across a dialup link?

Just for info, that initial delay occurs because when you click Databases,
the pgSchema library queries the master connection database (usually
template1) for a list of databases, then opens a connection to each one and
retrieves it's comment. When we move into the v1.3 development code
(probably beginning of Jan) one of the things I want to look at is caching
those comments so the database connection is only opened if you actually
double click on a database.

Regards, Dave.