Re: Problems changing type of column using pgAd

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Problems changing type of column using pgAd
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

Hi,

It is not possible in PostgreSQL (and by extension, pgAdmin) to alter a
column type, or drop a column. The easiest way to do this is to pg_dump your
database to a text file, then edit & reload a copy of this file as required.
Of course, you must ensure that your data will reload into the modified
table - in particular beware of changing test columns to numeric (for
example) or making text columns shorter.

As soon as PostgreSQL supports this features (hopefully in 7.3) I will
update pgAdmin to take advantage of them.

Regards, Dave.