Re: Problems changing type of column using pgAd

От Henshall, Stuart - WCP
Тема Re: Problems changing type of column using pgAd
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
    The DROP columns and changing types is not trivially possible using
PostgreSQL. To do it you basically need to recreate the table with the new
data then COPY or INSERT he old data back in. pg_dump is handy for getting a
table out in a suitable script for editing. Also I believe you can Save the
DB schema from PGAdmin (not actually done this myself).
Note: There can be problems with things like views/functions that are
dependent on that table as the new table will be created with a different
OID.
- Stuart

-----Original Message-----
From: Timon Meyer [mailto:timon@mustek.de]
Sent: 18 December 2001 14:41
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Problems changing type of column using
pgAdmin...

Hello,

I am a beginner in using the pgAdmin for Windows and I have following
question:

once I have created a table and a column it is not possible to change the
field type or size within pgAdmin.
Only possible is to add or remove a column, the other fields or disabled.
Is there any possibility to change the field size and/or type using pgAdmin?
Or do I have to do it manually using the ALTER TABLE SQL command?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance,

kindly regards,

Timon Meyer
Mustek Optic Computer GmbH
Hansemannstraße 63