Re: MediaWiki and Postgresql?

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: MediaWiki and Postgresql?
Дата
Re: MediaWiki and Postgresql?  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Apr 4, 2006, at 11:08 AM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 06:36, Markus Wollny wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone put MediaWiki up using the current version of Postgresql?
>>
>> I have, although our Mediawiki installation is currently not openly
>> accessible. Can't say that it went like a breeze, but the obstacles
>> where more or less minor and writing a little custom auth-plugin
>> wasn't
>> really too hard either. If your question was just along the lines of
>> "does it run", I can confirm that, yes, it does. I cannot say
>> though how
>> well it would stand up to high loads and if every query and index has
>> been fully tweaked.
>>

> Given that this page:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:%24wgDBtype
>
> says:
>
> Use ""mysql"" for working code and ""PostgreSQL"" for development/
> broken
> code.
>
> I'd guess that PostgreSQL support is not quite at the same level as
> MySQL just yet.  :)

If I'm not confusing wiki's (and I'm offline now, so I can't check),
Mediawiki is pretty un-interested in supporting PostgreSQL (hard to
imagine why, given that some of their folks are paid by MySQL AB), so
a fork was created on pgFoundry. I believe it's called pgpedia.

If I am confusing wiki's, I'm wondering if they'd be willing to
accept patches to improve PostgreSQL support...