Re: grant question

От Tena Sakai
Тема Re: grant question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Thank you, Scott, for your reply.

> Two problems.  1: you don't grant select on schemas, you grant it on
> tables.  2: case folding.  If you're gonna use a name "schema_Z" then
> you have to quote it, because it's mixed case, not all lower.

> You need to grant it for each table.

In actual command issued, there is no case mixing.  I wanted
to emphasize the argument was a schema name, not a table name.
But this means as new tables get created in the schema, a set
of new commands must be issued?

> Note that instead of granting it to a user, you should grant it
> to a role, then give membership to that role to the user.

That sounds like a good idea.  Would you mind showing an exmple?

Regards,

Tena Sakai
tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu

> so that the user_a can look at all tables in schema_Z.
> Sadly, what I get is:
>   ERROR:  relation "schema_Z" does not exist

Two problems.  1: you don't grant select on schemas, you grant it on
tables.  2: case folding.  If you're gonna use a name "schema_Z" then
you have to quote it, because it's mixed case, not all lower.

> I tried:
>
>   grant select on schema_Z.* to user_a;

Sorry no wildcarding on grant (At least not yet).  You need to grant
it for each table.  Note that instead of granting it to a user, you