8.3.0 postinstallation trouble

От Tena Sakai
Тема 8.3.0 postinstallation trouble
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Everybody,

I have gotten my postgres upgraded to 8.3.0 (from 8.2.4)
or almost.  I followed the steps in the manual, section
15.4.

I was able to start 8.3.0 by:

  /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

via step 7.  Now I am ready to restore from the saved file
and typed:

  /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -d <dbname> -f saved_file

and it asks me a password.  I have been doing this all as
user postgres and that password is rejected:
  password authentication failed for user "postgres"

The pg_hba.conf, as well as postgresql.conf, is restored
from 8.2.4.

Can somebody please tell me what's going on and how to go
about getting out of the trouble I am in?

Regards,

Tena Sakai
tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu