How would I "close" a atble?

От Tena Sakai
Тема How would I "close" a atble?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Everybody,

I have a weired situation.  Out of 17 tables which
comprise a database, one of them refuses to talk to
me.  When I issue:
  select * from marker;
it hangs.  When I replace * with amy column name, it
makes no difference.  It does not respond, unless I
issue ctrl-C.  I have checked with all other tables
and they are appear healthy.

I suspect for some reason the table got "opened" and
whoever opened, never closed it.  (This is my grasping-
the-straw theory.)  I have been using this database
pretty actively for last 3 months and this never
happened before.  Is there any way to explicitly close
this table?

The only other solution I can think of would be to
shutdown and restarting the database, which is what
I would like to avoid, if possible.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Tena Sakai