Error in trigger

От Negandhi, Nishith
Тема Error in trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
All my tables in the database have "CreateDate" and "LastUpdateDate" columns. I need to create a trigger wherein on insert the "CreateDate" column is inserted with the current date. On Update the "LastUpdateDate" is inserted with the current date.

I tried the insert trigger as mentioned below:

CREATE FUNCTION "CreateDate_F"() RETURNS TRIGGER AS $CreateDate_T$
BEGIN
insert into "CreateDate" values (CURRENT_TIMESTAMP);
END;
$CreateDate_T$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

CREATE TRIGGER "Create_Date_T" AFTER INSERT ON "CreateDate"
FOR EACH STATEMENT EXECUTE PROCEDURE "CreateDate_F"();

However, when I run the insert on the said table, I get the following error:

ERROR:  stack depth limit exceeded
HINT:  Increase the configuration parameter "max_stack_depth".
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "insert into "CreateDate" values (CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)"
PL/pgSQL function "CreateDate_F" line 2 at SQL statement

Other than the above, is there any other way of doing this.???
Any suggestions please .???

Regards