Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Create a GUC parametertemp_tablespacesthat allows selection of

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Create a GUC parametertemp_tablespacesthat allows selection of
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
--On Montag, Juni 04, 2007 15:34:14 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
wrote:

> Perhaps a reasonable compromise could work like this: at the first point
> in a transaction where a temp file is created, choose a random list
> element, and thereafter advance cyclically for the duration of that
> transaction.  This ensures within-transaction spread-out while still
> having some randomness across backends.

Doing this on transaction-level looks pretty nice; The original code choose
the random element on backend startup (or every time you call SET).

Btw. i saw you've removed the random selection implemented by MyProcId %
num_temp_tablespaces. I liked this idea, because PID should be pretty
random on many OS?

--  Thanks
                   Bernd