Converting a Simple Database from MySQL to PostgreSQL in 40 hours?

От Wang, Mary Y
Тема Converting a Simple Database from MySQL to PostgreSQL in 40 hours?
Дата
Re: Converting a Simple Database from MySQL to PostgreSQL in 40 hours?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
Re: Converting a Simple Database from MySQL to PostgreSQL in 40 hours?  (Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

My internal customer has a new project and is considering using MySQL.  Knowing that I'm a Postgres person, the customer is open to considering Postgres at a later date if the cost to transition is less than 40 hours.  The database will probably be relatively small and simple (still in the planning stage).  I personally think it's not possible to convert even a simple database from MySQL to Postgres in less than 40 hours.
Has anyone done the conversion before? If so, what do you think?

Please advise.
Mary