Re: How to remove the current database and populate the database with new data?

От Wang, Mary Y
Тема Re: How to remove the current database and populate the database with new data?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I thought about DROP DATABASE, but wasn't sure if it would clean up EVERYTHING.
I had a bad experience early this year when I restored a database that was running on Postgres 7.x.x.  The database
crashedbadly, that I couldn't recover it.  It ended up that I had to restore it from a previous night's backup.  I
noticeda huge decrease in performance after the restore. I always have thought that there was something that hasn't
beencleaned up (Yes, I did run the VACUUM command).  I decided not to investigate it anymore, because I already had a
planto upgrade to 8.3.8 anyway.

I assume most of you would just do the DROP DATABASE for the scenario that I described.   Is that correct?

Mary