Re: How to remove the current database and populate the database with new data?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: How to remove the current database and populate the database with new data?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/06/2010 7:26 AM, Wang, Mary Y wrote:
> I thought about DROP DATABASE, but wasn't sure if it would clean up EVERYTHING.

It won't remove your users and roles, or anything else that you see
reported in pg_dumpall --globals-only .

> I assume most of you would just do the DROP DATABASE for the scenario that I described.   Is that correct?

Yep. I essentially _never_ re-initdb, personally. For one thing, I often
have other databases in a cluster that I'd rather not lose, but it's
also generally unnecessary.

( I do frequently wish for the ability to create roles at the database
rather than cluster level, though, as it'd make cleaning the DB for
testing of schema creation scripts and the like considerably easier. Not
to mention backups. )

--
Craig Ringer

Сообщение: Re: create index concurrently - duplicate index to reduce time without an index