Re: [ADMIN] postgresql9.4 aws - no pg_upgrade

От Vasilis Ventirozos
Тема Re: [ADMIN] postgresql9.4 aws - no pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> On 2 Nov 2017, at 23:03, bala jayaram <balajayaram22@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
>

> We tried in production, pg_upgrade works well. But running vacuumdb , resulted in huge spike in CPU, system halted.
Isthere a way to fasten or parallel vacuum solution for faster recovery after pg_upgrade.

> Our database size is around 500GB, contains multiple databases, huge records. What is the minimum way to do a
vacuumingafter pg_upgrade? This is for migration from 9.3 to 9.4.

All you need to do right after the upgrade is getting new statistics by running "analyze" or by doing something like
vacuumdb-a -v -z.
That should take a while but it shouldn't "halt" anything. I believe that 9.4 doesn't have -j in vacuumdb, so you can
script
something that will will get all tables, split them and run each part in X number of psqls.
When you are done with the statistics then scheduling a vacuum would be a good idea. this can be done during any
convenient
time or you can just split the work using a script.

Regards,
Vasilis Ventirozos