Re: ODBC + Dynamic cursors

От Janet Borschowa
Тема Re: ODBC + Dynamic cursors
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Amanjit,
As far as I know, PostgreSQL ODBC doesn't support SQL_CURSOR_DYNAMIC so it
is defaulting to SQL_CURSOR_FORWARD_ONLY and that's why you're seeing the
error. Please try SQL_CURSOR_KEYSET_DRIVEN and I think you'll get the
behavior you want.

PostgreSQL ODBC does support SQLSetPos but you need to make sure to check
the "Updatable cursors" checkbox in the driver setup.

========================
Janet Borschowa
Software Engineer, Database Products
Rogue Wave Software
(541) 753-1931   FAX: (541) 757-4630
mailto:borschow@roguewave.com  http://www.roguewave.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Amanjit Gill [mailto:amanjit.gill@gmx.de]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 1:06 PM
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [ODBC] ODBC + Dynamic cursors

Hi, I have written a C++ ODBC wrapper that right now runs on
Oracle,Access,SQL Server, Sybase.
I am right now investigating PostgreSQL which we want to use instead of
SQL Server.

PostgreSQL Version: 7.33 (Cygwin/Windows XP) using ipc-daemon
ODBC Version:      7.03.01.10
OS:               Windows XP Pro, SP1

Synopsis:
I basically open a connection to a db, create a statement,use a dynamic
cursor
via SQLSetConnectAttr (SQL_ATTR_CURSOR_TYPE, SQL_CURSOR_DYNAMIC),
execute the statement
, bind some fields and want to fetch data using  SQLFetchScroll
(m_hstmt, SQL_FETCH_ABSOLUTE,
lPosition).

The SQLFetchScroll statement fails with the following message:
'HY106 - the fetch type for PGAPI_ExtendedFetch isn't allowed for
ForwardOnly cursor.'

Which of course irritates me because I explicitely use
SQL_CURSOR_DYNAMIC.

I attached the standard windows SQL.log with some mixins of the code I
called. It is not the complete
log and it is not the PostgreSQL-Driver specific log, which is far too
verbose for me.
I have enabled the Dynamic cursor checkbox in the driver.

Any suggestions?

Another question: are positionable updates and deletes (which means
SQLSetPos) possible with
PostgreSQL at present (as mentioned in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc/ht
m/odch12pr_2.asp) ?