Re: ODBC + Dynamic cursors

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: ODBC + Dynamic cursors
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Amanjit Gill wrote:

> Hi, I have written a C++ ODBC wrapper that right now runs on
> Oracle,Access,SQL Server, Sybase.
> I am right now investigating PostgreSQL which we want to use instead of
> SQL Server.
>
> PostgreSQL Version: 7.33 (Cygwin/Windows XP) using ipc-daemon
> ODBC Version:     7.03.01.10
> OS:                       Windows XP Pro, SP1
>
> Synopsis:
> I basically open a connection to a db, create a statement,use a dynamic
> cursor
> via SQLSetConnectAttr (SQL_ATTR_CURSOR_TYPE, SQL_CURSOR_DYNAMIC),

Please set the SQL_ATTR_CURSOR_TYPE attribute for statement
handles not for connection handles. Also note that psqlodbc
driver doesn't support dynamic cursors. Please use keyset-driven
or static cursors instead.

[snip]

> Another question: are positionable updates and deletes (which means
> SQLSetPos) possible with
> PostgreSQL at present (as mentioned in
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc/ht
> m/odch12pr_2.asp) ?

No. What the driver supports is to update/delete/insert/.. a row
(rows) in a rowset using SQLSetPos(.., .., SQL_UPDATE/DELETE/ADD, ..
Positioned update/delete means updat/deleting a row in a rowset
by executing a query such as UPDATE/DELETE ... WHERE CURRENT OF ....
Please note that the examples in the page you specified are
updat/deleting a row using SQLExecute.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
    http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/