Re: Open 7.3 items

От Ron Snyder
Тема Re: Open 7.3 items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
>
> The backend will be ready (it's not quite yet).  pg_dump is ready.
> psql is very definitely not ready, nor is pgaccess.  I don't know the
> status for JDBC or ODBC; any comments?  The other interface libraries
> probably don't care.
>
> > Dependency - pg_dump auto-create dependencies for 7.2.X data?
>
> Huh?

There's still a problem with restoring blobs in a certain circumstance-- the
attached script (run as the pg superuser) shows that there's either an
inconsistency or a misunderstanding (on my part), resulting in a failed
pg_restore. It seems that pg_restore isn't necessarily reconnecting as
superuser after restoring a user owned table and before trying to restore
pg_largeobject.

This came to light specifically because I was trying to restore from a 7.2.1
dump file into the 7.3dev server, but this script is using all 7.3dev tools,
refreshed from cvs this morning.

-ron

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Trim the Fat (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items )
Сообщение: Re: Trim the Fat (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items )