Re: Creating A GIN index on JSONB column (large database)

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Creating A GIN index on JSONB column (large database)
Дата
Re: Creating A GIN index on JSONB column (large database)  (Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

> On Aug 9, 2022, at 7:04 AM, Taylor Smith <taylorjrsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have a database that is in excess of 20TB in size, partitioned by date on a month to month basis.
>
> There is a column within that stores text (validated to be json but not stored as JSONB). I have a requirement to
makethe json searchable using GIN indexes. however when we try to create the GIN index on AWS RDS our temp storage
maxesout which crashes the create process resulting in unhealthy created indexes.

> This might be an AWS issue but we are wondering the reason why creating these indexes (concurrently) would cause the
tempstorage to blow up and crash out and is it possible to mitigate or a necessary evil.

> The only solution we have so far is scale up our RDS instance.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Taylor Smith

The scale-up might be needed only for the create index.  Scale down afterwards?

От: Taylor Smith
Сообщение: Creating A GIN index on JSONB column (large database)
От: Taylor Smith
Сообщение: Re: Creating A GIN index on JSONB column (large database)