Re: Arrrr... date formatting.

От Reid Thompson
Тема Re: Arrrr... date formatting.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
provide an example of what you're trying to do.

test=>  select date_part('month',current_date);
 date_part
-----------
         9
(1 row)

test=> select length(date_part('month',current_date));
 length
--------
      1
(1 row)

reid

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Turner [mailto:armtuk@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 11:21 AM
To: PostgreSQL List
Subject: [GENERAL] Arrrr... date formatting.

Shiver me timbers, whats up with to_char()?!

Avast!  Is there no way to get a month without it being padded to nine characters?  It makes using a database to actualy format a date for output kinda impossible?

I'll have to walk the plank if I can't get an answer, the crew will mutiny and leave me on an island with a one-shot pistol and the sight of me sails dissapearing over the horizon!

Alex Turner
NetEconomist
P.S. For those who didn't know - it's national talk like a pirate day.