Blob data type and it's efficiency on PostgreSQL

От Stas Oskin
Тема Blob data type and it's efficiency on PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi.

We are using PostgreSQL as the RDBMS for our product, and are very happy with it. Recently, we have encountered a need to store a lot of binary files, mainly images (up to ~100,000 files, with sizes varying from 300K-2MB).

The question is, how well PostgreSQL performs with the blob data type, and is it practical to store these files as blobs?

Thanks in advance,

Stas Oskin.