Re: How to detect if in transaction?

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: How to detect if in transaction?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Jan 18, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Basil Bourque wrote:

> How can I tell if a session is in a pending transaction? In other words, a "BEGIN TRANSACTION" has been issued but
thetransaction has not yet done a COMMIT or ROLLBACK. How can I ask if that is the condition?

> I've googled and searched the archives. Others have asked the question, but I've not seen an answer. I did read that
Postgresdefaults to AUTO-COMMIT until I issue a "BEGIN TRANSACTION". I want to programmatically detect that condition
forthe sake of defensive programming, logging, debugging, and so on.

What client interface are you using to connect to Postgres? This information is available using the low level
communicationprotocol, but I'm not sure there is an SQL command to give the status.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.

От: Basil Bourque
Сообщение: How to detect if in transaction?
От: "Bill P."
Сообщение: Anyone else getting someone else's USER INFO when going to EnterpriseDB Forums