Re: autovacuum "connections" are hidden

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: autovacuum "connections" are hidden
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Casey Duncan <casey@pandora.com> writes:
>>> however, when I did "select * from pg_stat_activity" on the pg
>>> server, it showed no connection to that db. Then I looked at the
>>> processes: tmp0% ps ax | grep test_seg1
>>> 10317 ?        D      0:36 postgres: autovacuum process   test_seg1
>>
>> Hmm, autovacuum won't show up in pg_stat_activity because it never
>> calls pgstat_report_activity().  Seems like maybe it should, though.
>
> If we do that, would it help people who are trying to determine if
> pg_autovacuum is running?  Would the connection still appear while
> pg_autovacuum is sleeping?

I believe while autovacuum is sleeping, the process is gone.

I.e. it gets spawned anew for each pass looking for work.

--
Larry Rosenman
Database Support Engineer

PERVASIVE SOFTWARE. INC.
12365B RIATA TRACE PKWY
3015
AUSTIN TX  78727-6531

Tel: 512.231.6173
Fax: 512.231.6597
Email: Larry.Rosenman@pervasive.com
Web: www.pervasive.com

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: autovacuum "connections" are hidden
Сообщение: Re: autovacuum "connections" are hidden