Re: pg_dump/pg_restore problem

От Benjamin Krajmalnik
Тема Re: pg_dump/pg_restore problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I finally found a workaround after much experimentatio, so here it is.
Hopefully, it will save someone else the headaches I went through:

1.  I created a target database with Latin1 encoding
2.  pg_dumped using SQL_ASCII client encoding

The initial restore failed because for some reason one of the columns
was no longer large enough to hold the contents.
I increased the size of the columns in question, and proceeded to
truncate all of the tables which had  data to prevent errors when
building the indices, etc.

I reran the restore, and this time all of the records came through.