Re: Performance question

От Benjamin Krajmalnik
Тема Re: Performance question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Unfortunately, the application doing the logging is not written by me,
so I have to play with the deck of cards which I am dealt.
The developer stated that he uses connection pooling, but apparently the
pg odbc driver does not support it, since I can see a new connection
being made for each statement execution.
I have asked him to see if he can create one connection and maintain it
- we'll see.

I have another scenario to try out, whereby instead of making a stored
procedure call via ODBC I will insert the parameters of the SP call into
a table via simple insert statements.  If I see significant improvements
(I am not holding my breath), I will use that route and run a background
peocess on the server to issue the SP calls off of that recordset.