Re: copying data into another database ? (replication)

От Igor Neyman
Тема Re: copying data into another database ? (replication)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Look up dblink(...) function in PG documentation:

Igor Neyman

From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Raul Retamozo
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 7:09 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] copying data into another database ? (replication)

Hi everyone on the list.
I've been trying to get a way to copy a postgresql table or some columns from table into another one, but this new table must be in another databse and, also, could be in another server. I was working on  a jdbc app , which run well when the destiny table was in the same database than the source ( it was with "create table as select ... into)"), really easy, but we have the other case.

 I feel it could be possible writing a function , which receives some variables ( postgresql server, db and table, sql query for filtering data). The problem is that I cant find any example about the following:

-- connecting to a server within the function.
-- retrieve data form this server ( I think some cursors would be useful to save each column, and run by the rows)
-- connecting to another server, und create a table (with a name provided by user), where I can insert data from cursors.

I think it could be answered by replication (Slony ? ), but I have to do it without any other tool.

Does anyone knows If it's possible, and how to do it?

thanks in advance.

raul n. retamozo velarde
revelar@hotmail.com

Consigue el nuevo Windows Live Messenger Pruébalo