Re: Prevent users to drop triggers applied on table

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Prevent users to drop triggers applied on table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1 Apr 2010, at 9:52, dipti shah wrote:

> Yah...that's correct but I am wondering if someone out there knows work around to this.
>
> I could make my table owner to postgres user but then is there any way original user can drop the table. I want
originalusers should allow to drop their table.

If you want to give the user DROP TABLE rights, he will also need to be able to drop the triggers and such on that
table.

If you want to work around that you'll need to take the same approach with which you created those tables.

Having the tables owned by a more powerful user will help with that, but in your situation I think the postgres
superusermay be a bit too powerful. You're probably better off creating a non-superuser role for this purpose.

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4bb4688c10419781048118!

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: prevent connection using pgpass.conf
От: "Nikhil G. Daddikar"
Сообщение: Re: "1-Click" installer problems