Re: Does Type Have = Operator?

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Does Type Have = Operator?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On May 11, 2016, at 10:34 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not clear enough on your intended usage to know whether these
> operators are a good fit, but they are sitting there waiting to be
> used if they do fit.

Huh. I haven’t had any problems with IS DISTINCT FROM for rows, except for the situation in which a failure is thrown
becausethe types vary, say between TEXT and CITEXT. That can drive the tester crazy, since it says something like:
   Results differ beginning at row 3:       have: (44,Anna)       want: (44,Anna)

But overall I think that’s okay; the tester really does want to make sure the type is correct.

Thanks,

David