Re: [Slony1-general] Using slony with many schema's

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: [Slony1-general] Using slony with many schema's
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 11, 2006, at 2:55 PM, snacktime wrote:

> So by putting all the data into one schema, every report query now
> gets run against a million or more rows instead of just a few  hundred
> or thousand.  So all clients will see a drop in query performance
> instead of just the clients with large amounts of data.

Indexes on the customer_id field of the combined data tables helps a
lot. That and big hardware with big RAM. :-)

We store data for all our customers in the same tables.  some have
several hundred thousand of their own customers, and millions of
transactions from them; others have a few hundred.  The
responsiveness of postgres is still great.

Вложения