Re: pg_dump reporing version of server & pg_dump as comments in the output

От Wang, Jing
Тема Re: pg_dump reporing version of server & pg_dump as comments in the output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4 March 2014 2:41 Euler Taveira wrote:
>On 27-02-2014 21:10, Wang, Jing wrote:
>> Using pg_dump can dump the data into the file with format set to be
>> 'c','t' or plain text. In the existing version the version of server
&
>> pg_dump is already there when the format of file is 'c' or 't'. And
>> even for the plain text format file the version of server & pg_dump
is
>> already there if using '--verbose' in pg_dump. Using '--verbose'
leads
>> to some many other prints which are not required always.
>>
>I don't buy your argument. Why isn't verbose option sufficient? Did you
read the old thread about this [1]?
>[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3677.1253912361@sss.pgh.pa.us

>AFAICS a lot of people compare pg_dump diffs. If we apply this patch,
it would break those applications. Also, it is *already* available if
you add verbose option (which is sufficient to satisfy those that want
the client and/or
>server version) in plain mode (the other modes already include the
desired info by default). In the past, timestamps were removed to avoid
noise in diffs.

Sorry, I don't understand which application will break?  Can you give me
more detail information?
Timestamps always vary which do affect the diff.  But I can't imagine
why adding the version will affect the pg_dump diffs.
I don't think the version number vary  frequently.

Kind regards
Jing Wang
Fujitsu Australia

От: Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Сообщение: Re: psql: show only failed queries
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: GSoC proposal - "make an unlogged table logged"