Re: pg_dump reporing version of server & pg_dump as comments in the output

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: pg_dump reporing version of server & pg_dump as comments in the output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 27-02-2014 21:10, Wang, Jing wrote:
> Using pg_dump can dump the data into the file with format set to be
> 'c','t' or plain text. In the existing version the version of server &
> pg_dump is already there when the format of file is 'c' or 't'. And even
> for the plain text format file the version of server & pg_dump is
> already there if using '--verbose' in pg_dump. Using '--verbose' leads
> to some many other prints which are not required always.

I don't buy your argument. Why isn't verbose option sufficient? Did you
read the old thread about this [1]?

AFAICS a lot of people compare pg_dump diffs. If we apply this patch, it
would break those applications. Also, it is *already* available if you
add verbose option (which is sufficient to satisfy those that want the
client and/or server version) in plain mode (the other modes already
include the desired info by default). In the past, timestamps were
removed to avoid noise in diffs.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3677.1253912361@sss.pgh.pa.us

--   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Custom Scan APIs (Re: Custom Plan node)