Install question on Mac Leopard Server 10.5

От Steve Henry
Тема Install question on Mac Leopard Server 10.5
Дата
Re: Install question on Mac Leopard Server 10.5  (Shane Ambler <pgsql@Sheeky.Biz>)
Список pgsql-general
I am just getting started with PostgreSQL.  I've installed PostgreSQL
8.3.5-1 on a MacPro server running Leopard Server 105.5

I can connect to the database with PGAdmin on the server, but I can't
access the database from another Mac on my network.  I get the
following error message:

I've done the following:

    - checked the postgresql.conf file for listen_addresses, it's set to
'*'

    - modified the pg_hba.conf file to allow traffice from the network in
my office.

    - made sure my OS X Server Firewall has a hole for the port to be used.

What am I missing?  Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Steve Henry
San Diego Mac IT